Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My First Disney Pin!


Needless to say, I am a Disney fan! After many many days of debating and researching, my sig-o and I got our first premium annual passes to Disneyland, which also works for Disney's California Adventure as well. It has turned out to be a great decision. It has allowed us to get several discounts at various vendors around the parks and we get to enjoy the parks leisurely. Since Disneyland now gives free admission to visitors on their birthdays, I will be looking forward to using my gift card worth the admission ticket value (as opposed to an actual admission ticket because I already have the annual pass).

Everytime we go to Disneyland, I consider becoming a Disney pin collector. However, everytime I turn the pins over and match the color code to the price, I put the pin down and reconsider for the next time I visit. I have visited disneypins.com to try to get a better understanding of what collecting pins really means. I was unable to justify why anyone would buy a pin just to trade it. I came to the conclusion that people must receive pins (that they wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves) as gifts and they end up trading those.

On one of our trips to Disneyland, we decided to ride on It's a Small World to check out their new additions of the Disney characters. To my surprise, my favorite princess, Cinderella, was there, pumpkin, mice, and all! After the ride, we decided to do a little shopping and the Cinderella pin from the It's a Small World Collection was calling my name. It was the only one that stood out to me out of the entire pin display rack! I decided right then and there to only buy pins to have them, and not necessarily to trade them. Which brings me to the beautiful pin depicted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment