Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Summer Fruit Salad

With all the baking that I do, I get more than my fair share of sugar and flour into my body. Considering that my exercise regime consists of walking to and from my car while running errands, and walking around the lab at work, I probably have excess sugar lingering around in my body.
As said in a previous post, it has been really difficult to bake these days because of the summer heat. The recent heat wave in LA didn't help either. The thought of heating up the house with the oven and countering the central air conditioner just didn't seem sound.
No worries, though; with the end of summer looming and fall and winter approaching (my favorite times of the year to bake), I will be baking again in no time!
I decided to make something healthy and heat friendly for a change. Upon a recent trip to Costco, I purchased my favorite bulk fruits and decided to make a fruit salad. Fruit salads are refreshing, nutritious, and contain plenty of natural sugars to satisfy my sweet tooth. Best of all, they are completely versatile!

There will be no recipe for this post because I don't know who's allergic to what and because you should use your favorite fruits anyway. Just chop, toss and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment