Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter Goodies


I know it's been a while since Easter, but I figured better late than never!

I don't really have set traditions when it comes to Easter. Every year it's always something different. Whether it's an egg hunt, dying eggs, or dinner, it's always played by ear (no pun intended). This year, I decided to pass out Easter goodies to friends.

Let me first just say that I had no idea how much effort it was going to take to assemble these packages. I thought at the most it would take three days, one day for each different item. Nope. The boxes themselves involved slowly exacto knifing every curve and angle to achieve optimum precision. Then, the cards. Same comment as above, in relation to the cutting, but this time, the paper sizes needed to match exactly and the glue had to be applied just right to reach the goal of smoothness and perfect attachment. Now, the cookies definitely took a lot of time. I kept getting interrupted so I couldn't just finish the cookies and icing in one day. I had to stretch it out for a series of days. Luckily, sugar cookies keep well.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of assembling these packages. I would do it again. It's just fun doing something you enjoy for people that you care about. I only wish I was there to see the looks on everyone's face when they received these packages in the mail...it had to have been a good response, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment